Re: [RANT] French translation for debconf templates stucked at 90% : analysis

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:36:18 +0200, Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> wrote:
>On Jun 27, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
>> Translations need testing too.  They need to be exposed to users, to
>Translations should be reviewed by the language translation team before
>uploading, so they are supposed to have a decent quality level anyway.

Being a German native speaker, I write everything in English.
Occasionaly, some other German native speaker decides to translate my
work to German.

Usually, I am not impressed by the translations because they usually
feel clumsy and awkward to me, as if I were explaining the things to a
child. Strangely, most German translations of commercial software
doesn't sound that clumsy - probably because I don't know the english
version?

I'd like to know whether I am the only one who feels uncomfortable
with technical software in the native language.

Greetings
Marc