Re: fighting spam || avoiding spam

On 08-Jun-04, 06:47 (CDT), Mathieu Roy <yeupou@coleumes.org> wrote:
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> wrote:
> > How would a script _not_ obfuscate that, but do obfuscate real email
> >adresses? Answer: it can't.
> Instead of focusing on how things cannot be done, try to work out how
> things could be done.

Have you taken the Dilbert management course? Because it sure sounds
like something straight out of the comic strip:

   Manager: "I don't know anything about programming, but I want you to
             make it do X."

   Programmer: "X is impossible"

   Manager: "Why do you have such a bad attitide?"

Why do people without knowledge in a particular technical field insist
on arguing about what is and is not possible? Why is that trait
particularly endemic in programming?

Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net