Re: fighting spam || avoiding spam

Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 04:03:14PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
>> Apart from setting spam filter on the debian mail server, are there
>> any plans to avoid spam -- for example, by partly obfuscating email
>> addresses wherever such addresses are printed on debian.org?
>
> (x) This is a stupid idea, and you're a stupid person for suggesting
> it.

(x) I frankly think you are a fucking asshole too.

> There is only one thing more useless and annoying than a bug or list
> archive that does not contain the correct mail addresses, and that's
> one where snippets of perl code have been destroyed by mindless
> obliteration of strings containing @ signs.

It does not have to be mindless.

> Any idea which is worse for us than for them is
> *counter-productive*.

An idea is never counter-productive - only an implementation could
be.

Your point is solely based on your idea of such
implementation.

--
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |