Re: Resignation

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 12:11:25PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> Hey, he might as well throw himself from the nearest high building, that's
> his prerogative, but if he has the right to comment about it on the mailing
> lists, then I don't see why I don't have, too.

> > This whole conversation is about "putting yourself in another's shoes".
> Not really, it's more like the usual harassment of Joy for speaking his
> mind :)

You poor thing.

You do realise, of course, that if you get to speak your mind, so does
everyone else? And that if that's your only defense, then complaining
about "harassment" is utterly hypocritical? But hey, there was a smiley
there, so it was just a joke, and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone
who disagrees, right?

If Herbert's decision to quit the project is purely his prerogative,
then you don't get to complain about it. You get to accept it. You
get to argue why you think there are other decisions he could've made
that would be better, and better for him not the project at that --
if not so that he'd change his mind, so that others might not do the
same thing. But you don't get to say "What a stunning example of "..or
I quit!"" and imagine that's an insightful argument, or that you've
claimed some moral highground that should protect from harassment.

Personally, I think your responses in this thread provide a pretty good
example of why people don't need more than 24 hours to decide it's not
worth trying to have a rational conversation to change people's minds
on Debian lists.

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.