Re: Resignation

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 12:08:37PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> > > Useful to whom?
> >
> > Is that a rhetorical question?
>
> Doesn't look like it to me. When reading your post above I was about to
> reply with the identical phrase, before I thought, "let's see what ajt
> has to say in reply first".
>
> Herbert has made an awesome contribution for a long period of time,
> to the Debian project.
>
> His quittting is not "useful" to you (/Debian), but I imagine it could
> be particularly useful to Herbert.
>
> And how selfish would it be of us to begrudge him such a change/ new
> freedoms, etc?

Hey, he might as well throw himself from the nearest high building, that's
his prerogative, but if he has the right to comment about it on the mailing
lists, then I don't see why I don't have, too.

> > > So, your complaint is that he acted prominently?
> > [...]
> >
> > You seem to be rather interested in these little word games, but I'm afraid
> > I've got less pointless things to do than to continue answering them.
>
> You did seem to be complaining that he "acted rather prominently", which
> makes no sense. I take it as a serious question - "what's wrong with
> acting prominently?".

Bleh. I see I need to start a tutorial on reading with understanding here...
AJ was blaming me for guessing what Xu meant and then judging him by that,
I said that I didn't do that, and instead that I commented on his actions.
Saying that his actions were prominent was meant to show that I didn't need
to contemplate his state of mind in order to make a judgement, rather that
I merely observed those actions.

> This whole conversation is about "putting yourself in another's shoes".

Not really, it's more like the usual harassment of Joy for speaking his
mind :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.