Re: Resignation

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 06:59, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 05:12:43AM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > > Well, anyway, just about any action would have been more useful than
> > > quitting the whole goddamn project.
> >
> > Useful to whom?
>
> Is that a rhetorical question?

Doesn't look like it to me. When reading your post above I was about to
reply with the identical phrase, before I thought, "let's see what ajt
has to say in reply first".

Herbert has made an awesome contribution for a long period of time,
to the Debian project.

His quittting is not "useful" to you (/Debian), but I imagine it could
be particularly useful to Herbert.

And how selfish would it be of us to begrudge him such a change/ new
freedoms, etc?

> > > I don't really care for what Herbert Xu's state of mind is, I judge him
> > > by his actions, and he sure acted rather prominently in this event.
> >
> > So, your complaint is that he acted prominently?
> [...]
>
> You seem to be rather interested in these little word games, but I'm afraid
> I've got less pointless things to do than to continue answering them.

You did seem to be complaining that he "acted rather prominently", which
makes no sense. I take it as a serious question - "what's wrong with
acting prominently?".

This whole conversation is about "putting yourself in another's shoes".

cheers
zen