Re: debian package for qdu

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Vineet Kumar wrote:

> > By the way, do you know if I can create Debian packages (for other
> > softwares I release) without a debian distribution ?

Hi Gilles,

There are several methods you can use:

1.  Run Debian in an emulator like vmware (proprietary) or Bochs (free
software but slower.  Still quite usable in text mode though.)

2. Run it in UML (User Mode Linux) There are prebuilt Debian images at
http://uml.sourceforge.net/

3. Create a chroot and install Debian into it.  The Debian debootstrap
package makes this easy.  It's a shell script so it should be easy to
port.

But as Vineet suggested, it might be better to just partner with a Debian
developer.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>