Re: Mass bug filing: Cryptographic protection against modification

Don Armstrong schrieb:
> We face this same problem daily with programs, albeit in a slightly
> different form. [Eg, machine code vs. assembly vs. higher languages.]

Could you give some examples where we've got assembly/machine code
in a program you suspect to be just compiler output?
(That's the only problem of distingushing I can imagine. If it's
originally written in assembly, that's the prefered version for change,
if it's high level language, that's the prefered version for change.)

Ciao,
                Eike