Re: Mass bug filing: Cryptographic protection against modification

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 08:18, Eike "zyro" Sauer wrote:
> Goswin von Brederlow schrieb:
> > Can we agree that 100% free/DFSG does not extend to the existing
> > neccessary legal documents (licenses) in debian and work from that to
> > see what else should be handled more loosly so we get a working Debian
> > that free where it matters (programs and their data and not legal
> > texts)?
>
> I'd do it the other way and specify what should be free according
> to the DFSoftwareG.
> For some items it might be usefull to have another definition of
> what is considered free. Like raster images (what is the preferred
> form for modification?).

1) You want a definition of "source", not a definition of free. The
Debian Free Software Guidelines, with human interpretation, are a
definition of free.

2) The preferred form of modification for a raster image, is whatever
form you use to modify it. No, really. It's that simple. For many images
this is a PNG; for complex images, it's probably an XCF or PSD. If it
comes off a digital camera, it's JPEG. Whatever form you prefer to
modify it in, is the preferred form for modification.
--
Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>