On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 03:39:18PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > 	As far as I can see, the SC appleid to everything on the
> >  debian CD, and to everything in main.
>
> There is a great deal of data on Debian CDs which has no license whatsoever.
> Since, according to the new Social Contract, any arbitrary stream of bits
> which could be called a "component" of Debian is now a "work" which requires
> a license that meets the DFSG, we'd better get to work on copyrighting them
> all...

Data that has no license whatsoever is undistributable, since copyright by
default grants no right to distribute.  The SC doesn't even enter into that.

Unless you're talking about public domain works, which for purposes of the
DFSG are equivalent to a very permissive license.

Could you give an example of what you're referring to?

--
Glenn Maynard