Re: Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card under construction

Andreas Tille dijo [Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 11:18:24AM +0200]:
> > Why has Zope (a very specific CMS) to be on a *generic* reference card
> > for Debian newbies? All that should better be in /u/s/d/z/INTRO or so.
> Users who might switch from other distributions or who installed Zope
> manually might wonder about the port under which they might access Zope.
> I though this would be interesting for *Debian* newbies (not for
> Linux newbies in general).  BTW, I do not expect that my *suggestion*
> will be accepted, but it was an idea which came to my mind.

Yes - It might be important to note that 'documentation regarding
specific packages can be found in /usr/share/doc/<package>/'. I agree
with Edward - A reference card must be short and will need to skip
many important details. Remember we have over 14000 binary packages in
Sid - A reference card should be only general to Debian. Zope should
have its own reference card. MySQL should as well. This one should be
specific to Debian (and basic Unix stuff, probably).

--
Gunnar Wolf - gwolf@gwolf.cx - (+52-55)5630-9700 ext. 1366
PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23