Re: Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card under construction

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> > > to the existing tables), I will add it to the source code, OK?
> > I'd suggest the following patch:
>
> Why has Zope (a very specific CMS) to be on a *generic* reference card
> for Debian newbies? All that should better be in /u/s/d/z/INTRO or so.
Users who might switch from other distributions or who installed Zope
manually might wonder about the port under which they might access Zope.
I though this would be interesting for *Debian* newbies (not for
Linux newbies in general).  BTW, I do not expect that my *suggestion*
will be accepted, but it was an idea which came to my mind.

> > > Yes, but I'm not using it either.  Same as Zope, if one sends me
> > > a DocBook text snippet, I will add it to the source.
> > I do not use MySQL either and so some more educated person might like to
> > provide the patch.
>
> When everybody provides a patch for everything, it will become a reference
> _book_ in few weeks.
Sure.
But as a PostgreSQL user (and MySQL ignorant ;-) ) I might have the right
to ask why we mention *one* major DBS but ignore the other (- even if this
fits exactly my usage habits).

Kind regards

         Andreas.