Re: more evil firmwares found

Norbert writes:
> Through removing firmware from the Linux kernel, we're making their life
> harder.

Through removing non-free software from Debian, we're making their lives
harder.

> The firmware microcode is required to use some piece of hardware...

Microsoft Windows is required to use other pieces of hardware.

> I don't see the difference between distributing it through the Linux
> kernel or having it directly on-board on that hardware.

Debian distributes the kernel.  Debian does not distribute the hardware.
--
John Hasler               You may treat this work as if it
john@dhh.gt.org           were in the public domain.