Re: more overly-generic package names from gnustep

Florian Ernst <florian@uni-hd.de> wrote:

>> frank@alhambra:~$ dpkg -S /etc/GNUstep/
>> dpkg: /etc/GNUstep/ not found.            # that's a bug, probably in dpkg
>> frank@alhambra:~$
>
> $ dpkg -S /etc/GNUstep
> wmaker: /etc/GNUstep
>
> I'm not sure whether this behavior is a bug or a feature (for
> something I'm missing here)...

I'd say a bug. But I won't submit minor bugs against dpkg, found on a
woody-bunk-plus-lots_of_own_backports box. Have no time reading throught
the list of existing bugs :-(.

>> I don't even get an idea for which package I should file a
>> bug. Damn. Well, I know that wmaker is using it. But it hides it well.
>
> As Christoph already pointed out it's wmaker.

As _I_ pointed already out. I've yet done some configuring on wmaker,
hence it came back to my mind when I did an ls on it.

But the main point is that it's not only badly polluting namespace, it's
also not easy to find who it is - imagine somebody who just installed
wmaker because he wanted to try application on a couple of window
managers.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie