Re: more overly-generic package names from gnustep

Hello Frank!

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:55:40AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> Florian Ernst <florian@uni-hd.de> schrieb:
> > If you don't like it then change it. Simply add something like
> > GNUSTEP_USER_ROOT=/home/fernst/.GNUstep/
> > to your environment.
>
> If it's that easy, then it's an even more annoying bug that this isn't
> done automatically. I am not aware which application or package it is
> that's creating this directory, so I have no idea how I could find this
> solution. And this GNUstep stuff, whatever that is, really tries to hide
> very well:
> [...]
> Ah, there they are. Let's have a look:
>
> frank@alhambra:~$ dlocate -l gnustep | grep ^ii
> frank@alhambra:~$ dpkg -S /etc/GNUstep/
> dpkg: /etc/GNUstep/ not found.            # that's a bug, probably in dpkg
> frank@alhambra:~$

$ dpkg -S /etc/GNUstep
wmaker: /etc/GNUstep

I'm not sure whether this behavior is a bug or a feature (for
something I'm missing here)...

> I don't even get an idea for which package I should file a
> bug. Damn. Well, I know that wmaker is using it. But it hides it well.

As Christoph already pointed out it's wmaker.

But please note that when filing a bug it is unclear what response
you'll recieve, if any:
Marcelo Magallon, the maintainer, asked for help in January, claiming
his co-maintainers aren't that active lately[1]. qa is aware of this
situation[2].

Cheers,
Flo

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0401/msg00094.html