Re: spam closes Debian bugs!

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Thomas Viehmann wrote:

> > This is nice of you but I do not really want to spend our users time for
> > fixing problems of lazy maintainers.
>                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> What are you talking about?
I'm talking about the fact that IMHO maintainers who do not find the time
to send an e-mail like

    mailx -s "done" <bug-nr>-done@bugs.debian.org <<...
    Thanks to x.y who was kind enough to fix this bug.

should orphan this package.  I know that we also have DDs who sponsor
non-DDs.  But people who are not able to write down this three lines
(well - the signing takes probably some more pressed keys)  would even
do a bad job in sponsoring packages because sponsoring IMHO does not
only mean sign and upload.

Kind regards

        Andreas.