Re: spam closes Debian bugs!

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 04:54:20PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
> > Signing mails is work.
>
> Then you clearly use broken tools. I'm sorry but with all the mailers
> I know, signing a mail is just clicking on a button or typing a
> shortcut, and then typing the passphrase.

I hope for your sake that your passphrase is not just a single-letter
thingy. If it is, thanks for providing me with some inside information
to work on my web of trust; if it isn't, well, the most work in signing
*anything* is exactly in typing the passphrase. My gpg passphrase is
significantly longer than my 8-letter logon password; entering that when
sending a mail is what I call "work", even with the 60-second timeout
mutt gives me when signing a mail (since usually, it takes me more than
that time to prepare the mail.

> > I am not short sighted either, which is why I have not said "we may
> > not force signing ever in a gazilllion years because *currently* the
> > benefit is minimal" but "...not force signing *now* because
> > *currently*...".
> >
> > Fix the problem once it exist.
>
> It already happened that a bug report was closed by a spam.

*newsflash*

It's happened multiple times, not just once. Once a bugreport has been
closed (with the -close address) and reopened, there's a -close address
on the web ready for harvesters; that's when spam closes bugs.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."