Re: spam closes Debian bugs!

Julian Mehnle <lists@mehnle.net> wrote:
> Andreas Barth wrote:
>> I've never signed my mails to the bts, and I'm sometimes sending mails
>> from places where I don't have access to my gpg-key.

> Oh, no.  Not this silly kind of argument.

This is _not_ silly.

> I sometimes would like to set up call forwardings for my home phone
> from places where I don't have access to it.  Should my telco allow
> my phone line to be configured from anywhere without authentication?

No, because the loss is bigger than the gain.

> So, to start over, I'll just ask:  So what?  Where's the problem
> with not being able to *control* bug reports from *everywhere*?

It limits the locations I can do Debian work from and makes
interacting with the BTS more work.

You have to balance costs and benefits when diciding upon such issues.
We have heard of just *one* single bug report being closed by spam so,
the benefit is clearly minimal *currently*.
               cu andreas
--
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.