Re: spam closes Debian bugs!

Julian Mehnle <lists@mehnle.net> wrote:
> Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> > So, to start over, I'll just ask:  So what?  Where's the problem
>> > with not being able to *control* bug reports from *everywhere*?

>> It limits the locations I can do Debian work from and makes
>> interacting with the BTS more work.

> Not necessarily.  You could carry your private key with you on a USB
> key.  Or whatever.

Signing mails is work.

>> You have to balance costs and benefits when diciding upon such issues.

> I absolutely agree.

>> We have heard of just *one* single bug report being closed by spam so,
>> the benefit is clearly minimal *currently*.

> Maybe.  But I'm not just talking about *currently*.  I'm not that
> short-sighted.

I am not short sighted either, which is why I have not said "we may
not force signing ever in a gazilllion years because *currently* the
benefit is minimal" but "...not force signing *now* because

Fix the problem once it exist.
               cu andreas
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.
                    Anthony Towns in 2004-02 on debian-devel