Re: spam closes Debian bugs!

Julian Mehnle <lists@mehnle.net> wrote:
> Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> > So, to start over, I'll just ask:  So what?  Where's the problem
>> > with not being able to *control* bug reports from *everywhere*?

>> It limits the locations I can do Debian work from and makes
>> interacting with the BTS more work.

> Not necessarily.  You could carry your private key with you on a USB
> key.  Or whatever.

Signing mails is work.

>> You have to balance costs and benefits when diciding upon such issues.

> I absolutely agree.

>> We have heard of just *one* single bug report being closed by spam so,
>> the benefit is clearly minimal *currently*.

> Maybe.  But I'm not just talking about *currently*.  I'm not that
> short-sighted.

I am not short sighted either, which is why I have not said "we may
not force signing ever in a gazilllion years because *currently* the
benefit is minimal" but "...not force signing *now* because
*currently*...".

Fix the problem once it exist.
               cu andreas
--
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.