Re: spam closes Debian bugs!

* Julian Mehnle (lists@mehnle.net) [040313 13:10]:
> Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> > Julian Mehnle wrote:
> > > So, to start over, I'll just ask:  So what?  Where's the problem with
> > > not being able to *control* bug reports from *everywhere*?
> >
> > If you restrict closing of bug reports:
> > Who should be allowed to close bug reports? Only the maintainer? Only
> > DDs? I think both of these options are essentially a non-answer.

> Only DDs, the maintainer, and the reporter -- if his initial report
> was signed.

Come on. You're trying to fix a problem we don't really have. Please:
If it is not broken, than don't fix it.

And: There are some non-DDs who do just great QA-work. You don't want
to exclude them? And: Why should a non-DD not be allowed to start
helping out at any package before he is added to the uploaders field?
That doesn't make any sense, and starting helping to sort out bug
reports is something that's quite often _really_ helpful to the
maintainer.

Cheers,
Andi
--