Re: [debian-devel] Re: Ancient architecture

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 10:11:26AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> > that actually use these packages. If the source upload has been done on time
> > to get into the release the maintainer has not to be worried if it takes 4
> > or 14 days to compile on a specific arch. The RM will do that for him
> > instead, right?
> Er ... in what universe? (That depends rather on how important the
> package is.)

Correct me if I'm wrong:
- the source is uploaded
- there are no RC bugs open for that package
- the freeze mode is active
- one arch doesn't build that source package for whatever reason
- it's the RM task to clearify that situation. He has to decide if he gives
the arch more time to built that package, give the buildd admin(s) a kick to
built it, drop the package for that arch for the release or drop the whole
arch from being released because of that package.

So, we are currently not in freeze nor was the bug ("too slow building, out
of disk space") release critical.
There was only an impatient maintainer who complained about a situation that
will be handled by the buildd admin. Actually there is therefore no problem
to solve. The buildd infrastructure has no problems. There are simply no
problems in Debian at all, that need to be fixed.[TM]

It's always fun to see maintainers come up with "m68k is too slow and should
be dropped therefore" when a release is upcoming.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/