* Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> [2004-02-23 00:57]:
> > There's alot more to it than what the AM does, as is obvious when
> > you look at the AM templates and then consider what people tend to get
> > rejected by the DAM for.
>
> Can one do that? I.e. consider what people tend to get rejected for?

Well, if you read the archives, you'll find plenty of discussions why
people thought that Eray shouldn't become a developer (just to give
one example).  i.e. it's more about the inability to work with others
(while the AM templates are strictly philosophical and technical
questions).

> I had the impression that rejections and their explanations are not
> public - certainly I did not find any examples by clicking around on
> nm.debian.org.

They are not posted in public to protect the applicant, but they can
do with the rejection message what they want (e.g. post it to a public
list).  See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2003/debian-newmaint-200310/msg00001.html
for the procedures.
--