Scripsit Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
> * Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> [2004-02-23 00:57]:

> > > There's alot more to it than what the AM does, as is obvious when
> > > you look at the AM templates and then consider what people tend to get
> > > rejected by the DAM for.

> > Can one do that? I.e. consider what people tend to get rejected for?

> Well, if you read the archives, you'll find plenty of discussions why
> people thought that Eray shouldn't become a developer (just to give
> one example).

Certainly. I though Stephen was saying that one could collect such
data without the bias towards controversial cases that mailing-list
reading would entail. Just reading about the controversial rejections
wouldn't strike me as a good way to get insight into the *process*.

Or is your point perhaps that there are no non-controversial
rejections at the DAM stage?

> i.e. it's more about the inability to work with others (while the AM
> templates are strictly philosophical and technical questions).

In the "standard" case the DAM would not have much data to go by here,
would he? If the DAM is supposed to search for mailing-list activity
from the applicant and read it all to find out whether he is a nice
guy or not, I can certainly understand the calls for spreading out the
workload among more people.

> > I had the impression that rejections and their explanations are not
> > public

> They are not posted in public to protect the applicant,

Which is as it should be.

--
Henning Makholm       "`Update' isn't a bad word; in the right setting it is
                 useful. In the wrong setting, though, it is destructive..."