Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> writes:

> * Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> [2004-02-18 21:38]:
> > There has been a responce of some kind, also James claims this thread
> > wasn't the cause. I have been rejected.
>
> > I'm not sure if the rejection mail is archived anywhere public but I
> > don't mind making it public if you want to read it.
>
> No, DAM rejections are privately sent to the applicant and the NM
> committee as outlined in the procedures in [1].  This is for the
> benefit of the applicant.  However, as outlined in [1] you're free to
> start a public discussion, and you can certainly forward the rejection
> message.

Is the result of the nm-commitee then send to the nm mailinglist or
also just private?

> [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2003/debian-newmaint-200310/msg00001.html
> --
> Martin Michlmayr
> tbm@cyrius.com

Just to clarify things:
Where should the public discussion be started and what would be the
procedure? Just forward the rejection mail to debian-devel?

Another point:
What changes when I opt for a public discussion? Does that just add a
flamewar that the nm-commitee has to follow and anoys them (like any
extra work) or would that mean I have to get 2/3 positive votes from
DDs to overrule James? The effect of opting for a public discussion
are unclear.

I'm setting up a private webpage with the rejection mail with links to
background information and comments. Several people have shown intrest
in the reasoning and I don't mind showing it. I already posted a heat
of the moment reply to the nm-commitee and will post the url for the
more detailed and more thought out webpage there too once I'm done.

I'm not sure what the timeframe for the nm-comitee decision is but they
have my initial comments. Hopefully that encourages to ask some
questions and some discussion.

Anyone intrested can ask me or them for the rejection mail or my
comments or the url for the webpage when I'm done writing it.

MfG
        Goswin