Re: Python or Perl for a Debian maintainance project?

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 01:40:13PM -0600, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:
> Raymond conjectures in _The Magic Cauldron_ that 95% of software is
> written for internal use.  Based on this number, it stands to reason
> that neither of us would have seen or had experience with the vast
> majority of software developed worldwide.  We can only comment on the
> software we have seen.

Which is precisely what I have done.

> Face it: you don't appear to have enough information to make the
> judgement that you are trying to make.

Yes I do. I judge that all the projects I've seen which fit the
relevant criteria sucked. Obviously I'm not commenting on things you
might have seen that I have not.

I stand by everything I have said in this thread. I make no comment as
to what people might think I have said.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |