Re: Python or Perl for a Debian maintainance project?

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 04:28:47PM +0000, Will Newton wrote:
> > > Are there any projects out there with ~200,000 lines of Perl and 8-10
> > > full-time developers that aren't a total train wreck? (I know of one at
> > > least that is)
> >
> > Evidently "yes", then.
>
> Sorry, I can't parse that. I know of at least one large scale Perl project
> that is a train wreck. Are there any that aren't?

Gah, don't use compounded negatives in English, they're horribly
ambiguous.

I'm not personally aware of any projects over 200k lines and 10
full-time developers that aren't a total train wreck. Language doesn't
matter. Letting a project get that large in the first place is a hefty
hint that you've gone way off the rails, and it should probably be
split up. (Unless you start stretching the definition of "project" to
something like "Debian", which doesn't count)

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |