Re: [debian-devel] Re: fixing debconf stdin bug

Hi!

On 2004-01-12 10:40 +0000, Magosányi Árpád wrote:
> A levelez?m azt hiszi, hogy Tore Anderson a következ?eket írta:
> >   For what it's worth, policy 6.3 also states you should use /dev/tty
> >  for interaction with the user
>
> Hence stealing away stdin is not a bug.

I object: in the policy's sense (section 1.1), violating both "should"
and "must" are bugs. The difference is that violating "must" is RC,
"should" is non-RC (but still a bug).

Have a nice day!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org