Re: Advice on how best to handle non-backwards compatibility

Scripsit Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net>
> On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 01:18:04PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > For this to work, the compatibility package needs to inherit the
> > "lprngtool" name, and the new package must get a new name
> > (lprngtoolng?).

> You could keep the lprngtool name on the official upstream sources, and
> add a Depends: lprngtool-legacy to pull in the needed extra code.

Yes, but that wouldn't allow the user to remove lprngtool-legacy once
he has checked that his printcap does not use the legacy script.
(Which was stipulated in the proposal I replied to).

--
Henning Makholm                              "Det må være spændende at bo på
                                       en kugle. Har I nogen sinde besøgt de