Re: Advice on how best to handle non-backwards compatibility

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 09:06:52AM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:

> You could keep the lprngtool name on the official upstream sources, and
> add a Depends: lprngtool-legacy to pull in the needed extra code.  Then
> a NEWS.Debian entry and a full release cycle ought to be enough to let
> you drop the dependency for sarge+1, I think.

I've built a new revision that contains patches to introduce the
master-filter from 1.1.1 and the relevant *.fpi files that it uses, I'm just
yet to test and upload it. If there's any interested parties I'll make the
new package available somewhere. It's hard for me to test at home because I
don't have a printer, and I'm taking this week off work to go to LCA, but
I'm mindfull of the current breakage in sarge and want to resolve it
quickly.

Andrew