Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

Quoting Denis Barbier (barbier@linuxfr.org):

>       + maintainer errors when applying patches cannot be fixed before
>         uploads (which is critical during the freeze).

This topic wasn't raised until now in this interesting thread, but
Denis here mentions another activity of the translators :

reviewing "upstream" templates...

Though my English is.....ahem, what it is..:-)....I already helped a
lot of maintainers to improve their original templates to better
English, or better consistency among templates writing style.

A centralized repository for translations would maybe break this
maintainer/translator interaction.

The current system is far from perfect, for sure. A huge valuable time
is spent at tracking down the missing translations, the unfixed bugs
and so....

At least, the f***** damn l10n tag in the BTS would add a bit of help
to this part of the work.