Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 07:36:42PM +0100, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Steve Langasek writes:

> >> * Continuous read access to the files they have to translate.
> > This proposal does not address this need.  The master version of the
> > debconf template is still under the package maintainer's control.
> >> * String freeze.
> > I agree that this is important, but this proposal doesn't provide
> > any means to enforce a string freeze.

> Have you actually read the proposal you're talking about ?

You mean the one that says

    3. A sort of string freeze is put in place, so that the
       translators can have a period of time where they can
       work on the translations without having to duplicate work.

without explaining how this will be enforced?  This certainly piques my
curiosity: how ARE you going to enforce a string freeze, when everywhere
else you've de-emphasized maintainer/translator collaboration to the
point that you won't know that a string has changed until the package
has been uploaded?

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer