Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 09:03:41PM +0100, Tim Dijkstra wrote:

> I don't know what you mean here ... The point was, that if we could
> prevent the maintainer having to add each translation to his package,
> that would simplify things. Usually (when he/she doesn't speak
> the language) there's not a lot a maintainer can do with a translation
> other than merging it in. So why bother him with it?

The only people who seem to be complaining about the load on maintainers
caused by translated debconf templates appear to be people pushing
systems like this.  Certainly I've never found working with translations
a problem - they're very easy to handle and they don't show up all that
often anyway.