Re: IMPORTANT: your message to html-tidy

on Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 10:59:37AM +0100, Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org) wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 02:33:44AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:11:51 +1000
> > Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > > i made no such complaint.
> >
> >     *sigh*  Now I remember why I tossed you into a nice killfile long
> > ago and should have remade it the first time I saw your name appear on
> > this list.
>
> Please do. That way this thread which has nothing to do with Debian
> development (this is debian-devel, not debian-user) can be assisted in
> dying or moving somewhere else.

There's actually a glimmer of relevance, though I'll grant it's mostly
extinguished.

Among the suggestions prompting this thread was my comment that various
mail-handling tools incorporate spam and AV filtering.

Debian provides a means by which this objective (should it be considered
appropriate) could be supported in a default (but not mandatory)
configuration of MTAs, mailing list handlers, and other automated mail
handlers or responders, through both dependencies and default
configurations which enabled this functionality.

Part of my purpose in this discussion was to explore this idea, though
the discussion's been slightly sidetracked.

I'll bin it for now, though I may resurrect it on d-u after thinking it
through for a while.

Peace.

    Defeat EU Software Patents!                         http://swpat.ffii.org/