Re: IMPORTANT: your message to html-tidy

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 01:23:22AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:07:03 +0100
> "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > during this four hour period -- or 1/6 day.  That's about 5,760
> > messages/hour (assuming I can read and do math, which may be a stretch).
> > So your 1800 messages/hr would be lagging by 3 hours per hour of
> > runtime.
>
> Granted.  But all of this came from Craig complaining that not feeding every
> message to SA let him process mail on his old machine.

i made no such complaint.

i stated why i chose not to use SA during the SMTP session - instead, i run SA
after the message has been accepted.  i like to know that my system will behave
correctly no matter what load is thrown at it.

you're free to make different choices.

> He forgot to mention that [.....]

very few home mail servers are dedicated to doing nothing but mail.

craig