Re: IMPORTANT: your message to html-tidy

on Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 12:28:46PM +0200, Julian Mehnle (lists@mehnle.net) wrote:
> Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > Please set your mailer/editor linewrap to 68-75 characters.  I strongly
> > recommend 72 as a good default.
>
> Why?  I'm sending quoted-printable, so it can hardly be a
> quoting/line-wrapping issue.  If I'm overlooking something, please
> tell me.  In any case, I lowered the wrapping-threshold for
> non-qp-quotes (from other writers) from 76 to 74.

In general:  my client can re-wrap lines easily.  Many clients can't.
It's not how the mail looks when you send it, it's after a generation or
two of quoting that breaks posts horribly.

> > In addition to prior comments on Bayesian filtering methods, I'd
> > like to see how you propose for spammers to forge known, trusted,
> > GPG signatures, for example.
>
> For instance, as a webmaster you can't depend on genuine senders
> signing their mail with "known, trusted GPG signatures", since by
> definition as a webmaster you mostly receive mail from unknown people
> on your webmaster account.

That wasn't the question I'd asked.

Per Colin's request, I'm discontinuing the discussion here.

Peace.

    Defeat EU Software Patents!                         http://swpat.ffii.org/