Re: udev and /sys mounting [was: mounting tmpfs (and sysfs) defaultly in sarge?]

At Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:31:51 +0100 (CET),
Marco d'Itri wrote:
> In linux.debian.maint.glibc GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> wrote:
>
> >I read, then I concern one obvious difference between usbfs and other
> >discussed filesystems (i.e. devpts, sysfs, and tmpfs).  Other
> >filesystems is applied for all linux based system.  On the other hand,
> >usbfs is related with real hardware.  If user wants to disable usbfs,
> >then he needs to touch glibc package settings.  All hardware do not
> >have USB devices.
> I see no gain in not mounting usbfs.
>
> >But I also wonder why there is no usb userland programs/libraries
> >which provide /etc/init.d/* to mount usbfs.  I think it makes sense to
> I have three package which use it, and I decided it was easier to mount
> it from each hotplug script until a generic solution will be implemented.

OK... now I intend to add mounting usbfs/usbdevfs into
/etc/init.d/mountkernfs, if kernel supports it.  All
usb/kernel/hardware related packagers, any objections?

Regards,
-- gotom