Re: udev and /sys mounting [was: mounting tmpfs (and sysfs) defaultly in sarge?]

At Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:33:45 +0100,
Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Dec 22, GOTO Masanori <gotom@debian.or.jp> wrote:
>
>  >Interesting.  My debian box uses USB + hotplug, and it mounts usbfs
>  >automatically.  I don't know what hotplug is actually doing, but IIRC
>  >usbdevfs is needed for this kind of hotplugging daemons.  Is it worth
>  >while mounting with /etc/init.d/mountkernfs?  Any Comments are
>  >welcome.
> It's also needed by every user space USB driver.

Thanks all comments.

I read, then I concern one obvious difference between usbfs and other
discussed filesystems (i.e. devpts, sysfs, and tmpfs).  Other
filesystems is applied for all linux based system.  On the other hand,
usbfs is related with real hardware.  If user wants to disable usbfs,
then he needs to touch glibc package settings.  All hardware do not
have USB devices.

But I also wonder why there is no usb userland programs/libraries
which provide /etc/init.d/* to mount usbfs.  I think it makes sense to
provide mounting usbfs by /etc/init.d/ scripts, but I don't still
decide whether /etc/init.d/mountkernfs is appropriate or not...

Regards,
-- gotom