Re: udev and /sys mounting [was: mounting tmpfs (and sysfs) defaultly in sarge?]

Hi!

On 2003-12-15 10:04 +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> >From the view point of libc6 maintainer, it's no problem to merge /sys
> mount for /etc/init.d/devpts.sh.  The name of devpts.sh should be
> renamed to something, though.  And it can be also applied for /dev/shm
> tmpfs.

That sounds reasonable. I just don't wanted it in devpts.sh.

What about /etc/init.d/kernfs or mountkernfs?

> One remaining concern is: is it ok to create /sys and /dev/shm
> directory by glibc package?

I don't have neither the authority nor the experience to decide this
:-), but speaking as an user I would like that. Please just don't do
it when it already exists AND there are files in it (or sth different
than sysfs is mounted on it). Creating /dev/shm should be less
problematic.

Have a nice day!

Martin
--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org