Re: udev and /sys mounting [was: mounting tmpfs (and sysfs) defaultly in sarge?]

At Mon, 15 Dec 2003 11:11:18 +0100,
Martin Pitt wrote:
> On 2003-12-15 10:04 +0900, GOTO Masanori wrote:
> > >From the view point of libc6 maintainer, it's no problem to merge /sys
> > mount for /etc/init.d/devpts.sh.  The name of devpts.sh should be
> > renamed to something, though.  And it can be also applied for /dev/shm
> > tmpfs.
>
> That sounds reasonable. I just don't wanted it in devpts.sh.
>
> What about /etc/init.d/kernfs or mountkernfs?

OK, I would like to rename from /etc/init.d/devpts.sh to
/etc/init.d/mountfs, because (1) for example there is mountnfs which
mounts nfs (2) umountfs in initscripts un-mounts filesystems, so
"mountfs" makes a name pair.  Any comments?

I take care of Marco's suggestion about initramfs.

Regards,
-- gotom