Re: udev and /sys mounting [was: mounting tmpfs (and sysfs) defaultly in sarge?]

At Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:01:42 +0100,
Marco d'Itri wrote:
> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
> On Dec 14, Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> wrote:
>
>  >> udev (and given time many other programs) needs sysfs mounted, so we
>  >> should decide if it will be handled by devpts.sh or by a similar script
>  >> in a different package.
>  >> Currently the udev init script[1] mounts it by itself, but I'd like to
>  >> remove this code and assume that something else already did it.
>  >IMHO it does not really belong to devpts, libsysfs seems to be a more
>  >appropriate place. Of course I don't insist of it, it's just a matter
>  >of style...
> libsysfs may not be installed on every system, so I still think libc is
> the proper package for the script.

From the view point of libc6 maintainer, it's no problem to merge /sys
mount for /etc/init.d/devpts.sh.  The name of devpts.sh should be
renamed to something, though.  And it can be also applied for /dev/shm
tmpfs.

One remaining concern is: is it ok to create /sys and /dev/shm
directory by glibc package?

Regards,
-- gotom