Re: [OT] Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 08:50:48PM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>
>
> > The 'slander', if such it is (and I, obviously, don't consider it such)
> > is against the named set of churches, and those that follow their doctrinal
> > decrees
>
> Claiming that Christians are against civil liberties is slander in my
> book. You named, among other, a subset of Christians that I belong to,
> and claimed that our "doctrinal decrees" are against civil rights.
> I hold this to be untrue, and unless you can back up your claims, I am
> going to think of you as a liar.

No, I claimed that the doctrinal decrees included condemnations of specific
behavior which are turned into laws by a voting block that puts into power
politicians who make laws based on those decrees, among other things. The
end result of that process is one in which I am denied a specific civil
right.

> > But, like I said. I'm willing to back it up, in private.
>
> If you're not willing to back up your accusations in public, you
> shouldn't make them in public.

I already have, just not in this forum. Go read the other sources I listed.
But if you want more context in which to read, I'll offer you two words:
"Civil union" (I won't use "Marriage", because I find the mention of it
in law to be one of the primary examples of religion intruding upon the
secular law).

And no, it's not same-sex unions that are at issue (as I said elsewhere).
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU/NetBSD(i386) porter                                       : :' :