Re: [OT] Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 07:56:41PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> For the record, however, if you consider saying that the lifestyle or
> beliefs of someone you don't agree with are sufficient to condemn them to
> an eternity of suffering as hate speech (and I generally do), I'm on the
> catching end of such a statement from every person who supports, directly
> or indirectly, any sect of Christianity which I am aware of, all of whom
> advocate divine justice, and most of which also advocate the continued
> denial of civil rights as well. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Straw man" means imagining a problem and then attacking it, which is
preciesly what you are doing here.

You all are so blatantly just stating your opinions as objective fact,
so it's pretty hopeless.  I've tried to appeal to your sense of "fair
treatment" to all humans, which is a sentiment common to all decent
people.

I don't need to attack you: you're attitudes will turn off a sufficient
percentage of people on their own.