Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

31210.nospam@comcast.net (Nunya)  wrote on 17.12.03 in <[🔎] 20031218033934.GA1986@comcast.net>:

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 11:35:54AM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> > | You are totally rationalizing.
> >
> > *sigh*  From Branden's original post where he mentioned the names:
> >
> > > We might use names from Christian demonology (since the BSD mascot
> > > is the cute and devilish "daemon"), with the first letter shared by the
> > > demon's name and the corresponding BSD flavor.
> >
> > Once again, the stated intent /was/ a punning reference to the BSD
> > daemon.
> >

> Like I said, go right ahead.  I really want to see how this plays out.

You really are trying to be as offensive as you could possibly be.

In another part of this thread you claim you're not a fundamentalist. Yet
you object to the same things a Christian fundamentalist would, you use
the same twisting of what others wrote that I see from fundamentalists in
Usenet debates all the time ...

It it walks like a duck ...

Anyway, *plonk*.

MfG Kai