Re: Debian IS for the enterprise (Was: Debian Enterprise?)

In article <[🔎] 20031120090145.GA4260@comcast.net>
tb.31112.nospam@comcast.net writes:
>I had a friend who worked at Bell in the very early 1960s.  He told me
>before the phone system went digital there was a special code you could
>issue which would activate the microphone when the phone was on the
>hook.  So if the government is going to ruin your life, it's been
>happening for at least 40 years.

Since 60's era phones all used carbon microphones, and when on-hook
didn't draw enough power to use such a microphone, that's easy to
disprove even without disassembling a phone.  If you did disassemble
one, you would notice the microphone isn't connected to the line when
on-hook.

Your freind was trying to see how gullible you were...

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html