Re: Debian IS for the enterprise (Was: Debian Enterprise?)

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 09:49:16AM +0100, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> It have been discussed before, I know, but I still find this a problem.
> Debian is _WAY_ to big! We don't NEED 8000 packages!! On my main server
> (which is also a 'user server' - imap, pop, mail, shell and what not) I
> have 1155 packages installed. On my workstation at home 447...

I like having 3rd rate, outdated, and broken packages in the distro.  I
like things that don't work well.  People get scary when they "get it
together."

> --
> spy class struggle cracking quiche assassination Legion of Doom
> Khaddafi killed tritium bomb pits arrangements BATF fissionable
> ammunition
> [See http://www.aclu.org/echelonwatch/index.html for more about this]

I had a friend who worked at Bell in the very early 1960s.  He told me
before the phone system went digital there was a special code you could
issue which would activate the microphone when the phone was on the
hook.  So if the government is going to ruin your life, it's been
happening for at least 40 years.

Have a nice day.