Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 08:00:07AM -0600, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:
> > Right, just take Eray as an example (and note that the NM committee
> > agreed 100% with the DAM's decision; yet the DAM got all the blame).
>
> Indeed you're right. To me we sohuld make things more open. Let's make
> da-manager a mailing list (debian-dam?) with archive, so that evrything may be
> read openly by anyone and things get commented by themselves[1]. The same
> should be for ftpmaster: indeed we have debian-www, why not debian-ftp?

	A da-manager list would be a very bad idea. We do not want
people's rejection from Debian to be archived in a public list which
anyone can see. Imagine if searching for your name in google had "Luca
De Vitis is unsuitable to join debian due to ..." as its first hit?

	If people who have been rejected want to bring the reasons why
they have been rejected in a public forum, then it should be their
choice, not Debian's.

	Having others as open lists might be interesting as well, at
least from the aspect of letting people interested in helping figuring
out what's going on.

	Cheers,

Pasc