Re: ftpmaster accepts packages that have been rejected a few days ago

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 11:02:26PM +1100, Russell Coker wrote:
> Saying "this is crap" in response to something you strongly disagree with is
> pretty much standard practise in the Internet community.  It is done both
> online and off-line.
>
> Anyone who wants to get involved in email debates or to go drinking with
> programmers should be able to handle such things.  If you can't handle such
> things then you shouldn't be criticising the social skills of other people.

Curiously, i go drinking with programmers very often, and this rarely happen.
I'm sorry you face it commonly (of course one can live with it). That's to me
means this is a not common behaviour, hence it is not supposed to know by
anyone.

> The nature of our development process is somewhat combative.  If you search
> the archives of this list you will see many serious flame-wars, some of which
> produce positive outcomes.  You just have to learn to deal with these things.

Flames make me sick, and fill my box of things i unfortunately can't tag as
spam. People flameing recall me of animals fighting. A primitive way of
interacting. I just ingnore them.
Of course i can live with people behaving this way, and i can handle them:
shouldn't i, i would have started yet another flame.

> Look on the bright side, having someone refer to your email as "crap" is
> better than being called a "nerd" at school, which I think happened to most
> people on this list and probably happened to you.  ;)

That's a point, despite the fact that i was never called a nerd or geek for
the simple reason i never behaved in such a way. Those who know me can tell
you. And i know more people who cannot even turn on a computer, than hakers,
geek, programmers and such. I pay that by not haveing the tecnical skill most
of you have: that's a trade off i accept and like.

ciao,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have