Re: sarge release
On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 10:26:57PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> I apologise if this is covered elsewhere, I am currently totally
> swamped and can't afford too much time for Debian.
> I am going to be away from my machine(s) starting 22 Nov until the
> middle of December. I currently have 1 RC bug and several other bugs
> against my packages. If sarge's release will happen in 2003, I will
> bite the bullet and fix these bugs over the next couple of days.
> However, if sarge's release is delayed till 2004, I would be a lot
> saner if I didn't have to worry about Debian right now.
If you take the latter approach, the packages in question will have to
be either NMUed or removed from sarge. The more people who say "oh,
we've got plenty of time so I don't need to fix this bug right now", the
harder it is to produce a release.
Colin Watson [firstname.lastname@example.org]