Re: Brief descriptions in menu entries

> > Btw, regarding (1), I certainly don't want menu-methods to look up
> > manpages to get genericnames.  ...
>
> Huh. Read it again, RMB = Right Mouse Button.

Hmm, I thought you wanted the RMB stuff *instead* of genericnames.  If
you want it as well as genericnames then that's fine with me.

> So what is stopping Debian's KDE from using the menu system to
> generate all of its menu?

Well, because it would lose a lot of information for one thing.  KDE
uses a fair amount of stuff in its menus that the debian menu system
quite simply doesn't support.  Examples include generic names,
translations and handled mimetypes.  The current system uses this
information where it's available and falls back to the debian menu
system where it's not.

Ben.