Other nethack options (Was: nethack popularity contest - number_pad?)

Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:

> It's trivial to reconfigure it in nethack's option screen, just like any
> other option. I'm not sure why this one should be special.
>
> IMO, leave it at the upstream default; you'll surprise nethack players
> coming from non-Debian systems less that way. And it's not like nethack
> doesn't have a host of other quirks. :)

Right, that reminds me of a default option which I always change,
namely pickup_types. I don't know what the default is at the moment
(in woody it seems to be just $), but IMHO things to be auto-pickuped
are "$!?+/=, and some characters might even leave out the spellbooks,
though one can at least sell them for decent money. Making nethack
options debconf question seems a bit silly to me, but I don't see why
we should stick to upstream defaults when they are wrong...

Lukas